This page contains a collection of worked examples using the
multistateStata package. Examples are loosely grouped into areas, and may appear in more than one area.
help multistateto access the summary help file, which documents all the available commands and options.
If you have an example you’d like to contribute, then please get in touch.
- Defining your transition matrix for multistate modelling
- The difference between Markov and Semi-Markov models
- Methods for calculating predictions from a multistate model
Survival (time-to-event) analysis
predictmsfor simple and extended predictions from a standard survival model
- Modelling competing causes of death with transition-specific timescales
- A three-state illness-death model with Weibull transitions
- A Markov illness-death model with transition-specific survival models
- A semi-Markov illness-death model
- A four-state extended illness-death model